Sunday, July 8, 2012

What Does Autism Look Like (Dear Mr. 50 Cents)


 

This post is in response to the rapper 50 Cent's recent Twitter posts which he so kindly exchanged words on his page about autism to an individual. They were not nice words. Here is Mommaof4Cutiez response.

 
This is my son, TY. He has autism. I asked him a question today. The question was, "If someone said something bad about autism, what would you want to tell them?" You can read his very short answer above.


Let me first start off by saying I'm not one to get angry. I don't judge. It's not my job. I leave the judging to the man upstairs. However, this has angered me beyond belief. When you step into the autism community and say such harsh words you are going to get burned!! Did you just wake up one day and decide you were going to pick on autistic people? Did you think this would make you more famous maybe? Get you in the spotlight? So, you see a photo and think, man, this kid looks autistic. Really? What exactly does autistic look like to you? Does my son "look autistic" to you?

 
I'm not here to bash you because that's exactly what you did to our community. Two wrongs never make a right. Instead I would like to educate you because apparently your mother forgot to.




 
Please don't judge us, we would never judge you.
 
 
This was originally published on Momma of 4 Cutiez and is reposted here with permission.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the picture in the pool in his Halloween costume, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete